- Tuesday, January 16 Pay the final installment of your 2017 estimated tax – use Form 1040-ES.
- Tuesday, January 16 Farmers and fishermen: Pay your estimated tax for 2017. Use Form 1040-ES.
- Wednesday, January 31 Individuals: File your tax return if you did not pay your last installment of estimated tax by Jan 16th (see Form 1040-ES)
- Wednesday, January 31 Furnish Forms 1098, 1099 and W-2G to recipients for certain payments during 2017. Furnish Form W-2 to employees who worked for you during 2017.
- Wednesday, January 31 File 2017 Forms W-2, W-2AS, W-2CM, W-2GU, W-2VI, W-3 and W-3SS with the SSA whether you file using paper forms or electronically.
- Wednesday, January 31 File Form 1099-MISC with IRS if you are reporting nonemployee compensation.
- Wednesday, January 31 File Form W-3 with Copy A of all Forms W-2 issued for 2017.
- Wednesday, January 31 File Forms 940, 941, 943, 944 and/or 945 if you did not deposit all taxes when due.
- Wednesday, January 31 Applicable Large Employers provide Forms 1095-C to full time employees; For all other providers of Minimum Essential Coverage, provide Forms 1095-B to responsible individuals.